Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Boss and Chuck Taylor


Big up to jamphat for the image, hip hop math is back!!!


So Rick 'the boss' Ross' new album was pushed back. Big fucking surprise, right? But I gotta say, I'm excited for it. I was telling Cass last night after we checked out this studio, two of my go-to MC's right now are two guys I never thought I would like: Rick Ross and The Game. They both came out with more basic styles. They both claimed not to really be rappers, but rather that they were hustlers (who rap good, blah), and they were both seeming to ride other peoples coat-tails (Jeezy and Curtis, respectively). But now they've both proved to be alot deeper than their inital attempts at radio. But also, when I look back two of my favorite singles in 2006 were One Blood and Hustlin, and neither was a half-step pop-effort, and both fucking smashed.

So in the honour of this realization, and in sadness that I have to wait until '08 for both of these releases, here are a couple tracks, one new and previous gem from each.

Ludacris ft/ Rick Ross and Bun B- Down in tha Durty
Rick Ross- Blow

The Game- Walk in The Streets
The Game- Tha Shit

No comments: