Tuesday, December 4, 2007

R.I.P. Chad 'Pimp C' Butler


As many of you probably know, Pimp C
(b. Chad Butler) was found dead this morning,
the cause of death is still unknown. It's
always hard for me when a hip hop figure
dies, especially someone who I actually listen
to regularly. But Pimp C is different. As a
rapper, I enjoyed his everyman insights, witty
punchlines, and solid slow flow. As an entertainer
I enjoyed his wild rants about race, gender and
sexuality (although I can't say that I ever really
agreed with him). But it was as a producer that I
really took stock in what he was doing. You had
to admire this man's soul. Instead of posting a
bunch of zshare links fo people to download his
music, I'm just going to post some youtube links.
It might not be that different, but at least I
don't feel like I'm taking something from him.

UGK- The Game Belongs to Me
UGK ft. Outkast- International Players Anthem
Interview with Pimp C

Also check out Noz over at the XXL Blogs or at
Cocaine Blunts for a more informed and
comprehensive paying of respects to Pimp C.


As a bonus, this is my favorite Pimp C verse, it's from 'One Day'
off Ridin Dirty.

UGK- One Day(lyrics jacked from ohhla)

I'm up early cuz aint enough/
light in the daytime/
Smoke two sweets get in these streets/
out the pop up line/
Peanut holder my boulders/
smolder on the PA pipes/
Ak loader as I get swallowed/
under city lights/
Niggas be lookin shife/
so I look shife back/
Cant show no weakness in these/
streets you'll get yo life jacked/
Mayn its a trip/
where i stay especially for me/
This bitches tryin/
to lock me up for the whole century/
They gave my boy down/
in Florida Dante 19/
I wish that we could/
smoke again and take a tight lean/
My world a trip you can ask Bun B/
bitch I aint no liar/
My man RoRo/
jus lost his baby in a house fire
And then when I got on my knees/
that night to pray/
I asked God why he let these killas/
live and take my homeboy's son away/
Man if you got kids show em you love em/
cuz God jus might call em home/
Cuz one day you here/
but baby the next day you gone

Rest in Peace, Pimpin'

No comments: